Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is good and very pretty. The cauliflower turns a lovely yellow color. Be generous with the spices and use lots of garlic! Don’t use frozen spinach for this one. This recipe is meant to be served as a side dish or as one of many dishes in the typical Indian style.
- 1 medium cauliflower, broken into florets
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 onion, halved and sliced
- 1 green chili pepper, sliced
- 1 lb fresh spinach
- 6 tablespoons vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- salt and pepper
- Heat the oil in a large pan. Add the mustard seeds and cook until the begin to pop.
- Stir in the remaining spices, garlic, onion and chili and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring.
- Add the cauliflower, spinach, vegetable stock, cilantro and cook over gentle heat for 15 minutes or until the cauliflower is tender. Serve at once.
DH an I had this for dinner and we loved it. Made it exactly as written and then at the table, sprinkled a little Parmesan cheese to experiment a bit. Yum! Can hardly wait til the next time! Thank you for posting!
I enjoyed this very much. It's a fantastic meatless dish. The cauliflower was just the right tenderness. I waited until the last 7-8 minutes to add the spinach, so it wouldn't be too mushy. I only used 12 oz of fresh spinach and I tought that was plenty. I added 1 tsp of curry powder (since the title says "curried" but none was listed). Also, I cut the amount of oil in half to cut out some fat calories. I'll certainly make this again. Thanx for posting this easy veggie curry!