1/1 Photo of Curried Cauliflower and Potatoes (Aloo Gobi)
Posting for ZWT. From "The Art of Indian Vegetarian Cooking" by Yamuna Devi.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 hot green chili peppers, minced
- 1 1/2 inches piece gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon cumin seed
- 1 tablespoon black mustard seeds
- 4 tablespoons ghee or 4 tablespoons oil
- 3 medium potatoes, diced
- 1 medium cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 teaspoons coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar (optional)
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 3 tablespoons coriander, coarsely chopped (cilantro)
- 1Combine chilies, ginger, cumin seeds and mustard seeds in a small bowl.
- 2Heat ghee in a large pot. When hot, add the spices. When the mustard seeds start to pop, drop in the potatoes & cauliflower.
- 3Fry for 4 minutes or so. Add the tomatoes, turmeric, coriander, garam masala, sugar, salt and half the coriander.
- 4Mix well, cover and gently heat for 15 minutes. If the vegetables start to stick, add a few drops of water.
- 5Top with remaining coriander and serve.
Browse Our Top Cauliflower Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cauliflower Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Curried Cauliflower and Potatoes (Aloo Gobi)
Serving Size: 1 (334 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 245.4
- Calories from Fat 103
- Total Fat 11.5 g
- Saturated Fat 6.5 g
- Cholesterol 26.2 mg
- Sodium 1444.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.3 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 6.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: