Recipe by PickledSeeds
This recipe was originally shown on a Food 911 episode on Food Network. I have modified the recipe to use easy-to-find ingredients. This is even better the next day.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon indian curry powder
- 1 tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 head cauliflower, cut into florets (about 1/2 pound)
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- cilantro leaf, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet or pot over medium heat.
- Add the onion and curry powder, cook and stir for a few minutes to soften the onion.
- Add the tomatoes and cook until the tomatoes break down and soften, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the cauliflower, chickpeas,and 3/4 cup of water.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the cauliflower is tender, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Uncover, and continue cooking until the excess moisture has evaporated and the cauliflower and chickpeas are coated with a thick sauce.
- Season with salt, to taste, and garnish with cilantro before serving.
- Serve over a bed of rice.