Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
I found this recipe in an "Ultimate Casseroles" cookbook that I picked up over the weekend. It quick and easy and really delicious. I'm typing by memory, but I think this is an accurate reflection of the recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350* and grease a 1.5 qt casserole dish.
- Microwave cauliflower with water and nuke for 4 minutes. Drain. You could also steam the cauliflower if you choose.
- In a small saucepan, melt 2 tbs of the butter. Stir in flour and curry and cook for about 2 minutes. It will make a thick paste. Whisk in milk and cook a few minutes, whisking periodically until the lumps disappear and the sauce starts to thicken. Season with salt and pepper.
- Put cauliflower in casserole and toss with cashews. Stir in milk mixture to coat.
- Sprinkle top with breadcrumbs and dot with the remaining butter.
- Bake uncovered for 45 minutes.
- Garnish with more cashews if desired.
I was amazed that my 3 year old gobbled this down for his dinner quite happily. I didn't have cashews, but had blanched almonds in the cupboard and they worked fine. Also, we don't have standard curry, so I used a teaspoon each of cumin and ground coriander, along with some marsala paste. I also added some parmesan to the breadcrumbs. Its the tastiest way I've found to cook cauliflower. Thanks for the recipe.