Alyssa #3's Note:
I found this recipe in an "Ultimate Casseroles" cookbook that I picked up over the weekend. It quick and easy and really delicious. I'm typing by memory, but I think this is an accurate reflection of the recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350* and grease a 1.5 qt casserole dish.
- 2Microwave cauliflower with water and nuke for 4 minutes. Drain. You could also steam the cauliflower if you choose.
- 3In a small saucepan, melt 2 tbs of the butter. Stir in flour and curry and cook for about 2 minutes. It will make a thick paste. Whisk in milk and cook a few minutes, whisking periodically until the lumps disappear and the sauce starts to thicken. Season with salt and pepper.
- 4Put cauliflower in casserole and toss with cashews. Stir in milk mixture to coat.
- 5Sprinkle top with breadcrumbs and dot with the remaining butter.
- 6Bake uncovered for 45 minutes.
- 7Garnish with more cashews if desired.
Browse Our Top Cauliflower Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cauliflower Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Curried Cauliflower and Cashew Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (308 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 380.9
- Calories from Fat 219
- Total Fat 24.4 g
- Saturated Fat 9.8 g
- Cholesterol 33.5 mg
- Sodium 406.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 11.7 g