Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Very tasty side dish and looks great too. from Cooking light
Make and share this Curried Cauliflower recipe from Food.com.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cups thinly sliced onions
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped peeled fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons mild curry powder (stronger if you wish)
- 1 -2 clove garlic, smashed
- 10 cups cauliflower florets (about 2 medium heads)
- 1 cup chopped peeled seeded tomatoes
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 lemon wedges (optional)
- fresh cilantro stem (to garnish)
- Heat the oil in a Dutch oven over medium high heat.
- Add onion and ginger, cover and cook 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Add curry powder and garlic, cook 30 seconds, stiring constantly.
- Add cauliflower and next 4 ingredients (cauliflower through salt), stirring well to combine.
- Bring to a boil, yogurt will curdle, cover reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes or until cauliflower is tender.
- Serve with lemon wedges if desired.
I halved this recipe and prepared it for dinner tonight. In addition to the curry powder, I used 1/2 tsp. of garam masala powder, 1/2 tsp. of chat masala powder, 2 tsps. of powdered green cardamom and 2 tsps. of crumbled dried kasoori methi. These spices added ALOT more delicious flavour to this recipe. What I really liked about this recipe is the very little amount of oil that goes into making it. I used regular Sunflower cooking oil. I garnished this with fresh finely chopped corriander leaves. This was wonderful served hot with rotis(since I cooked it till all the gravy had been absorbed by the cauliflower). I loved it with warm white bread. Thank you for sharing. This is a keeper!