Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Very tasty side dish and looks great too. from Cooking light
Make and share this Curried Cauliflower recipe from Food.com.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cups thinly sliced onions
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped peeled fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons mild curry powder (stronger if you wish)
- 1 -2 clove garlic, smashed
- 10 cups cauliflower florets (about 2 medium heads)
- 1 cup chopped peeled seeded tomatoes
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 lemon wedges (optional)
- fresh cilantro stem (to garnish)
- Heat the oil in a Dutch oven over medium high heat.
- Add onion and ginger, cover and cook 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Add curry powder and garlic, cook 30 seconds, stiring constantly.
- Add cauliflower and next 4 ingredients (cauliflower through salt), stirring well to combine.
- Bring to a boil, yogurt will curdle, cover reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes or until cauliflower is tender.
- Serve with lemon wedges if desired.
I halved this recipe and prepared it for dinner tonight. In addition to the curry powder, I used 1/2 tsp. of garam masala powder, 1/2 tsp. of chat masala powder, 2 tsps. of powdered green cardamom and 2 tsps. of crumbled dried kasoori methi. These spices added ALOT more delicious flavour to this recipe. What I really liked about this recipe is the very little amount of oil that goes into making it. I used regular Sunflower cooking oil. I garnished this with fresh finely chopped corriander leaves. This was wonderful served hot with rotis(since I cooked it till all the gravy had been absorbed by the cauliflower). I loved it with warm white bread. Thank you for sharing. This is a keeper!