Prep 2 mins
Cook 5 mins
This recipe comes from one of my favorite cookbooks, "The Spice CookBook," from 1964. We like to eat them as a side dish alongside foods of similar flavors. Also yummy as an appetizer or snack. Times are approximate. The cookbook does not say, and I do not remember how long it took us. NOTE: These will be slightly greasy. SO tasty, though! And they make the whole house smell good!
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 cup unsalted cashews
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 pinch salt (to taste)
- Melt butter or margarine in a frying pan.
- Add nuts and curry powder to the pan.
- Fry until lightly browned.
- Drain on paper towels to remove majority of grease.
- Sprinkle the cashews with salt, to taste.
- Eat and enjoy the yumminess that is curry!
I needed a QUICK appetizer and this filled the bill. Plus I love love LOVE curry.