Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Vegan Express by Nava Atlas
Make and share this Curried Cashew Couscous recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup couscous (whole wheat if possible)
- 1 salt-free vegetable bouillon cube
- 1 cup frozen green pea, thawed
- 2 tablespoons walnut oil or 2 tablespoons flax seed oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped cashews
- 1 teaspoon curry powder (or more to taste)
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger (or more to taste) or 1 teaspoon jarred ginger (or more to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄2 cup raisins or 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries or 1⁄2 cup dried cherries
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Combine couscous with 2 cups water and bouillon cube in a large skillet or stir-fry pan.
- Bring to a simmer, cover and let stand off the heat for 5 to 10 minutes or until water has been absorbed.
- Add remaining ingredients, stir together, then cook, stirring often, for 2 to 3 minutes longer.
- Transfer to serving bowl and serve immediately.
This made a great take along lunch. It's ingredients are great together and, as with such things, improve with a bit of standing time. The ingredients are wonderful together and I especially love the cashews. :D
I enjoyed this couscous for dinner one night, and with some sesame ginger dressing for lunch a few days later. Good flavors. Made for PRMR game.