Recipe by Bergy
I like the flavor combination with the curry, carrot and honey. Nice change
Top Review by Rita Wu
This dish is quite good. The flavour of the carrots is a little bit sweet, a bit sour and a bit spicy. It is suitable as snack or side dish. I didn't add the raisins but I regretted later. I think raisins can make the dish even better as this provides a different texture other than carrots.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs carrots, halved lengthwise and cut diagonally into 1/2 " pieces
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, lite
- 1⁄2 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup dark raisin
Directions See How It's Made
- Steam the carrots for apprx 10 minutes or until they are just the way you like them.
- While the carrots are steaming combine the honey, lemon juice, mustard, raisins and curry powder.
- Put the oil& butter in a heavy skillet over medium high heat, when butter is bubbling add carrots& saute them for 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar over the carrots, stirring constantly, stir in the honey/curry mixture and continue cooking until the carrots are completely glazed.
- Serve right away.