Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I like the flavor combination with the curry, carrot and honey. Nice change
- 1 1⁄4 lbs carrots, halved lengthwise and cut diagonally into 1/2 " pieces
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, lite
- 1⁄2 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup dark raisin
- Steam the carrots for apprx 10 minutes or until they are just the way you like them.
- While the carrots are steaming combine the honey, lemon juice, mustard, raisins and curry powder.
- Put the oil& butter in a heavy skillet over medium high heat, when butter is bubbling add carrots& saute them for 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar over the carrots, stirring constantly, stir in the honey/curry mixture and continue cooking until the carrots are completely glazed.
- Serve right away.
This dish is quite good. The flavour of the carrots is a little bit sweet, a bit sour and a bit spicy. It is suitable as snack or side dish. I didn't add the raisins but I regretted later. I think raisins can make the dish even better as this provides a different texture other than carrots.
We normally love curried foods, but DH and I were both disappointed with this one. My oil and butter were heating up in the skillet and carrots were almost ready to be sautéed when I realized I didn't know when I was to add the raisins. I decided they should probably be heated up with the carrots before they were sautéed, so I turned off the oil and butter and dumped the raisins in with the carrots for a few more minutes (to plump them). Then I sautéed them and served with dinner. I still question whether this was the appropriate time to add them as we liked the flavor of the raisins, but didn't care for the flavor the carrots acquired. I do appreciate having the opportunity to try this dish Bergy. Thank you.
Very, very good! I used 1 lb baby carrots and boiled them until soft; followed ingredients and all other cooking directions as specified. Thanks Bergy, for another great carrot recipe!