Recipe by morgainegeiser
In the southern regions of India vegetable salads are often made with finely chopped vegetables. Many of the salads often contain hot pepper, which really add a spark.
Top Review by Buzymomof3
Very good, but I think the flavors were almost too subtle with the sweetness of the pineapple. Maybe I'll double the curry next time. Thanks morgainegeiser! Made for ZWT8 trip to India.
- 1 (1 lb) can pineapple tidbits (packed in juice)
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄2 cup pineapple juice, reserved
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups carrots, finely shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1/2 cup of the juice.
- In a large nonstick skillet, combine brown sugar, reserved pineapple juice, curry powder, and slat.
- Heat over medium heat, stirring until brown sugar is dissolved.
- Add pineapple tidbits and carrots.
- Mix well, making sure the spices are evenly distributed.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, cover skillet, and cook 15 minutes.
- Stir once halfway through cooking time.
- Serve hot. Refrigerate leftovers.