Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
In the southern regions of India vegetable salads are often made with finely chopped vegetables. Many of the salads often contain hot pepper, which really add a spark.
- 1 (1 lb) can pineapple tidbits (packed in juice)
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄2 cup pineapple juice, reserved
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups carrots, finely shredded
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1/2 cup of the juice.
- In a large nonstick skillet, combine brown sugar, reserved pineapple juice, curry powder, and slat.
- Heat over medium heat, stirring until brown sugar is dissolved.
- Add pineapple tidbits and carrots.
- Mix well, making sure the spices are evenly distributed.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, cover skillet, and cook 15 minutes.
- Stir once halfway through cooking time.
- Serve hot. Refrigerate leftovers.
Very good, but I think the flavors were almost too subtle with the sweetness of the pineapple. Maybe I'll double the curry next time. Thanks morgainegeiser! Made for ZWT8 trip to India.
Thank you for sharing this lovely recipe morgainegeiser. We enjoyed this subtley flavored carrot dish very much. They were tender, sweet, tangy and wonderful. Quick and easy to make, they were a lovely side dish. Made for Fearless Red Dragons - ZWT8 - Tiffin To go Challenge.