Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
Even those who claim not to like carrots will like these!
- 2 lbs carrots, sliced (6 cups)
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 large mcintosh apples, peeled,coarsely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups raisins
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon celery seed
- 1 dash nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds
- Heat oven to 350F.
- Spray 2-quart shallow casserole with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cook carrots in large saucepan of boiling salted water just until tender.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add apples and raisins; sauté until apples are soft but still maintain their shape.
- Sprinkle with curry powder, celery seeds and nutmeg.
- Drain carrots; return to saucepan.
- Gently stir in apple mixture and wine.
- Spoon carrot mixture into casserole.
- Sprinkle with almonds.
- Bake about 20 minutes or until mixture is hot and almonds are lightly toasted.