1/2 Photos of Curried Carrots
MA HIKER's Note:
This is a modification of a recipe from the old Silver Palate cookbook. It is very easy to make and delicious! This is tasty & pretty enough for holiday meals & company dinners.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the carrots in a heavy large saucepan and add cold water to cover.
- 2Cook over medium high heat just until tender, about 15 minutes.
- 3Drain and return to pan.
- 4Mix the butter, curry powder, salt and pepper and add to the carrots.
- 5Heat over very low heat, tossing to coat the carrots with the butter mixture.
- 6Add the lemon juice and brown sugar.
- 7Heat, tossing occasionally, until the carrots are glazed.
- 8Sprinkle with chopped pecans.
- 9Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Curried Carrots
Serving Size: 1 (125 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 280.7
- Calories from Fat 224
- Total Fat 24.9 g
- Saturated Fat 8.4 g
- Cholesterol 30.5 mg
- Sodium 240.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 9.0 g
- Protein 2.5 g