Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a modification of a recipe from the old Silver Palate cookbook. It is very easy to make and delicious! This is tasty & pretty enough for holiday meals & company dinners.
- Place the carrots in a heavy large saucepan and add cold water to cover.
- Cook over medium high heat just until tender, about 15 minutes.
- Drain and return to pan.
- Mix the butter, curry powder, salt and pepper and add to the carrots.
- Heat over very low heat, tossing to coat the carrots with the butter mixture.
- Add the lemon juice and brown sugar.
- Heat, tossing occasionally, until the carrots are glazed.
- Sprinkle with chopped pecans.
- Serve immediately.
This was a great side dish. Changed it a bit - cooked the carrots in the microwave first and then tossed them with lemon juice and brown sugar. Used some butter spray to lower the fat. The carrots were very tasty. Thanks Ma Hiker! Made for PAC 2007.
These were excellent! I just noticed that I forgot to add the lemon juice. I also cut back on the butter and only used 2 tablespoons.
Dh says these are the best carrots he's ever had. While I wouldn't go that far I did like them very much. I cut back on all the ingredients except the carrots and brown sugar and didn't miss the extra fat, heat and tartness. Very attractive recipe. Loved the toasted pecans-they made the dish.