Recipe by MA HIKER
This is a modification of a recipe from the old Silver Palate cookbook. It is very easy to make and delicious! This is tasty & pretty enough for holiday meals & company dinners.
Top Review by Redsie
This was a great side dish. Changed it a bit - cooked the carrots in the microwave first and then tossed them with lemon juice and brown sugar. Used some butter spray to lower the fat. The carrots were very tasty. Thanks Ma Hiker! Made for PAC 2007.
- 1 (1 lb) bag baby carrots
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup pecans, toasted and chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the carrots in a heavy large saucepan and add cold water to cover.
- Cook over medium high heat just until tender, about 15 minutes.
- Drain and return to pan.
- Mix the butter, curry powder, salt and pepper and add to the carrots.
- Heat over very low heat, tossing to coat the carrots with the butter mixture.
- Add the lemon juice and brown sugar.
- Heat, tossing occasionally, until the carrots are glazed.
- Sprinkle with chopped pecans.
- Serve immediately.