Recipe by SnowHat
my mom got this recipe from a friend at work and made it last night. tried it today and it was awesome. very nutrient rich and low in fat and calories. had the luck of acquiring part of a croissant with swiss cheese and caramelized onions to dip in it. not too shabby.
Top Review by CarrieinMunich
This soup is absolutely delicious. I followed this recipe almost exactly but also added garlic (two cloves, minced)--it would probably also be good without, but I'm a big garlic fan. :) I like the subtle sweet/savory mix as well as the gorgeous color. It looked even better with a dollop of plain yoghurt on top and sprinkled with some chili flakes. I'll try to take a picture when we have the leftovers! Thanks for an extremely simple, great-tasting dish!
- 2 teaspoons olive oil (or canola oil)
- 1⁄2 cup shallot, chopped (or onion)
- 3 cups sweet potatoes, peeled & 1/2-inch cubed (or yams)
- 1 1⁄2 cups carrots, peeled & 1/4-inch sliced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, grated
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 3 cups fat free chicken broth
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in saucepan.
- Add shallots (onions), sauté for 3 minutes until tender.
- Add potato, carrots, ginger & curry. Cook 2 minutes.
- Add broth. Bring to boil then simmer for 25-30 minutes – until tender.
- Puree soup ½ at a time in blender or food processor.