I have been looking for dips or spreads to serve at residents' little meetings or their get-to-gethers, when they play dominoes, bingo, or sit around and talk in the afternoons. So I saw this and I thought - maybe! I haven't used it as yet but I want to keep it here for safe-keeping. BH&G Magazine, June 2008 edition. Chill 4 hours or up to 3 days. BTW - 40cal, 1 g fat(0 g sat fat), 0 mg chol, 84 mg sodium, 6 g carbs, 2 g fiber, 2.8 g pro Daily Values: 46% vit, A, 2% vit C, 1% calcium, 2% iron.:)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In medium covered saucepan cook carrots in small amount of boiling water, about 15 min or unti very tender.
- 3Meanwhile, in same skillet cook onion and garlic in hot oil until tender.
- 4Stir in curry powder and cumin.
- 5Transfer carrots and onion mixture to food processor; add beans and salt.
- 6Cover and process until smooth.
- 7Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours, up to 3 days.
- 8To serve top with green onions.
- 9Serve with wheat crackers, triscuits or with vegetable dippers.
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Curried Carrot Spread
Serving Size: 1 (897 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 338.6
- Calories from Fat 90
- Total Fat 10.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 667.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.9 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 15.4 g