Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This "dairyless" wonder is just what the doctor ordered. Brown rice and cauliflower thicken this favorite soup.
- 12 ounces carrots, large dice or 12 ounces baby carrots
- 6 ounces Spanish onions, large dice
- 6 ounces cauliflower, large florettes
- 1 cup brown rice, raw
- 2 quarts water
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- combine all ingredients in a soup pot.
- bring to boil. simmer for about 45- 1 hour.
- blend in blender until smooth.
- serve with dollop of sour cream or plain yogurt.