1/8 Photos of Curried-Carrot-Potato-Soup
1 hr 10 mins
My sis and me came up with this recipe when searching for a nice, relatively quick to make and warming dinner dish on one of those cold winter days. This soup is not overly spicy and has a light sweetness coming from the carrots. It makes for a thick soup, so if you like your soup to be less like a puree, you might have to add more broth to it. We served this with Bombay Naan (Oamc), which was very very tasty!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel and chop carrots and potatoes into small chunks. Slice the onions, mince the garlic.
- 2Heat the oil in a large heavy pot (I use cast-iron). Add the garlic, the curry powder, caraway seeds and the onions and saute for some minutes until lightly browned. Add the potatoes and carrots and saute on medium heat for another 10 minutes.
- 3Add the broth, cover and let simmer for about 35-40 minutes or until all veggies are tender. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 4Puree soup using a hand held blender until it has the desired consistency-I like it to be still chunky (add more broth if needed).
- 5Serve with some warm bread of your choice.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Curried-Carrot-Potato-Soup
Serving Size: 1 (255 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 253.0
- Calories from Fat 45
- Total Fat 5.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 57.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.7 g
- Sugars 7.5 g
- Protein 5.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: