Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
I found this in the November 2009 issue of Alive magazine and have been making it regularly all year. Very tasty, very healthy and total comfort food on a cold winter night! It's fairly easy and quick to make and will make 4-6 good-sized bowls so everyone can cuddle up with one :)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups sweet onions, diced
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons gingerroot, peeled and minced
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 2 cups carrots, peeled and diced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup dried split red lentils
- 1 cup frozen shelled edamame beans, thawed
- 1⁄3 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- naan bread (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- Heat oil in a large saucepan on medium heat. Add ginger, garlic and onion; saute for five minutes or until soft and translucent.
- stir in curry paste and 1 cup of stock to blend. Add carrots and crushed red pepper. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and cook until carrots are crisply tender, about 5 minutes; stir.
- Add remaining stock, lentils, and edamame beans and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 10 minutes or until lentils are tender. Stir in cilantro, salt and pepper.
- Spoon into individual serving bowls and serve with naan and sour cream, if desired.
All I can say is THANK YOU for sharing this recipe! AMAZING! I loved it! I would not change a thing!