1/1 Photo of Curried Carrot-Hummus Crab Cakes
Yummy yummy. Wholesome crab cakes. The only "filler" in this are pureed carrots, chickpeas, scallions, and asparagus. Not much bread-action going on, but plenty of flavor. Cook time accounts for cooking option 1 (skillet). Prep accounts for chopping. RSC4
My Private Note
crab ca ...
Units: US | Metric
- 13 baby carrots, steamed
- 1/2 cup chickpeas, drained (cooked or canned)
- 1/2 limes or 1/2 lemon, juice of
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4-1/3 lb imitation crabmeat, chopped
- 3 large asparagus spears, chopped,divided
- 1 scallion, chopped,divided
- 3/8 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or more if you like the heat ;)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- black pepper, to taste
- 3 slices whole wheat bread, toasted,made into crumbs,divided (put half in a shallow bowl or plate)
- 1Puree first 4 ingredients together to smooth consistency.
- 2Add in half of the asparagus and half the scallions and pulse.
- 3Put mixture into a medium mixing bowl.
- 4Mix in crab, remaining asparagus and scallions, seasonings, and half the breadcrumbs.
- 5The mixture will be sticky, but form into 6 patties and coat with remaining breadcrumbs.
- 6Shake on oregano liberally on both sides and black pepper, to taste.
- 7**TWOOPTIONS** Cook in a nonstick skillet with a little water and veggie broth (or cooking spray).
- 8OR bake at 375*F for 20 minutes, flipping once halfway through.
- 9Enjoy as is or as a sandwich.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Curried Carrot-Hummus Crab Cakes
Serving Size: 1 (94 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 180.6
- Calories from Fat 16
- Total Fat 1.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 7.5 mg
- Sodium 608.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.1 g
- Sugars 6.5 g
- Protein 9.5 g