Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Yummy yummy. Wholesome crab cakes. The only "filler" in this are pureed carrots, chickpeas, scallions, and asparagus. Not much bread-action going on, but plenty of flavor. Cook time accounts for cooking option 1 (skillet). Prep accounts for chopping. RSC4
- 13 baby carrots, steamed
- 1⁄2 cup chickpeas, drained (cooked or canned)
- 1⁄2 limes or 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1 clove garlic
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 lb imitation crabmeat, chopped
- 3 large asparagus spears, chopped,divided
- 1 scallion, chopped,divided
- 3⁄8 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or more if you like the heat ;)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- black pepper, to taste
- 3 slices whole wheat bread, toasted,made into crumbs,divided (put half in a shallow bowl or plate)
- Puree first 4 ingredients together to smooth consistency.
- Add in half of the asparagus and half the scallions and pulse.
- Put mixture into a medium mixing bowl.
- Mix in crab, remaining asparagus and scallions, seasonings, and half the breadcrumbs.
- The mixture will be sticky, but form into 6 patties and coat with remaining breadcrumbs.
- Shake on oregano liberally on both sides and black pepper, to taste.
- **TWOOPTIONS** Cook in a nonstick skillet with a little water and veggie broth (or cooking spray).
- OR bake at 375*F for 20 minutes, flipping once halfway through.
- Enjoy as is or as a sandwich.
Not bad! It's pretty easy, healthy and inexpensive. That's great in my book! Thanks for the recipe nomnom....
We used real crab..... Maybe this was the mistake, because no one here liked it. I couldn't get past the first bite.....
Unique and delicious. Thank you.