Prep 25 mins
Cook 35 mins
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 lb carrot, peeled & sliced
- 2 leeks, washed and trimmed
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, Grated
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 teaspoons curry paste
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1⁄4 cup whipping cream
- salt & pepper, freshly ground
- 1⁄4 cup carrot, Grated
- Heat butter over medium heat in pot. Stir in carrots, leeks, ginger, garlic
- and curry powder.
- Saute for about 5 minutes or until leeks soften slightly.
- Pour in chicken stock, bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer, covered, 20 ~ 25 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Puree in a blender or food processor.
- Return to heat, add whipping cream, salt and pepper and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with grated carrot. Serves 4 to 6.
- The Globe and Mail -----
Excellent soup, easy to do. Haven't used curry paste, instead added extra curry powder. Also, try adding 1/2 tsp of nutmeg when adding the cream ... A restaurant quality soup!
Good easy soup to make. Did not have any curry paste so I left it out and it was still good. Substituted evaporated milk for the whipping cream and regular onion for the leeks. Thanks for the recipe
This was a nice, easy soup. I did not add fresh ginger, but used powder instead. I also didn't have any curry paste, so I added about two teaspoons of curry powder. Yum.