1/1 Photo of Curried Carrot and Split Pea Soup
2 hrs 10 mins
1 hr 35 mins
Adapted from the greedygourmet.com.If curry paste is not available use powder. Suitable for freezing.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 50 g yellow split peas, soaked overnight in cold water
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 225 g carrots, chopped
- 1 potato, chopped
- 1 red chili, deseeded and chopped
- 15 ml sunflower oil
- 5 ml grated fresh gingerroot
- 7 1/2 ml hot curry paste
- salt and pepper
- double cream, to serve (optional)
- chopped chives, for garnishing (optional)
- 1Bring the split peas to the boil and boil steadily for 10 minutes. Reduce the heat, cover and simmer gently for 30 minutes.
- 2Heat the oil in a pan, add the onion, garlic, ginger and chili and fry, stirring, for 10 minutes until evenly browned.
- 3Stir in the curry paste, carrots and potato and fry for a further 5 minutes.
- 4.Add the curried vegetable mixture to the split peas. Return to the boil, cover and simmer for a further 35 minutes until the vegetables and peas are tender.
- 5Transfer to a blender or food processor and work until fairly smooth. Return to the pan, season with salt and pepper to taste and heat through.
- 6Garnish with dollops of cream and chives.
Browse Our Top < 4 Hours Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Curried Carrot and Split Pea Soup
Serving Size: 1 (175 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 146.7
- Calories from Fat 33
- Total Fat 3.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 45.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.5 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 5.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: