Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Flavorful sauteed vegetables with a rich and creamy curry sauce!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium head of cabbage, shredded
- 1⁄2 small white onion, finely minced
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream (or coconut milk)
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- In large skillet over medium heat, sauté minced onion in butter until translucent.
- Add shredded cabbage and continually toss for several minutes to partially cook.
- Sprinkle curry powder and white pepper over the cabbage and mix well.
- Pour in heavy cream and allow 1 to 2 minutes for it to reduce.
- Add salt and stir in shredded carrots and continue cooking until the carrots are heated through (do not overcook).
This was flavorful! Used my own homemade curry powder. I wish I had seen the words "or coconut milk" that were in parenthesis-was too late to substitute. Can only imagine what this would taste like with coconut milk! The ingredients were out of order and I lost my place at one point. Normally I would deduct a point for that, but your recipe is so good...lol. Served with steamed sticky rice and marinated teriyaki pork chops. This would be heavenly over basmati rice! Thank you very much for posting this recipe