1/2 Photos of Curried Butternut Squash Soup
This is an easy week-night recipe. *If you're bbqing on a weekend throw the butternut squash on the grill. Slice in half, then into quarters (without peeling), spray each slice with olive oil and put on the grill. Grill each side for about 4 minutes. Put aside and allow to cool while you eat your bbq. Use a spoon to gently pull the squash meat away from the skin. It adds great depth to this recipe. *To toast the seeds wash them in a colander, spread out in your toaster oven baking tray, sprinkle on some Lawry's season salt, and bake at 350 degrees F for approx 10 minutes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (3 lb) butternut squash
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon curry powder, plus more, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, plus more, to taste
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) can low-fat coconut milk
- 6 teaspoons plain low-fat yogurt (for garnish)
- 30 butternut squash seeds, toasted
- 11. Heat olive oil over medium heat in a 6-quart stockpot.
- 22. Add onions and garlic and saute until soft (but not brown), about 10 minutes.
- 33. Add the butternut squash, vegetable stock, curry powder and salt.
- 44. Bring to a boil and then simmer until the squash is tender, about 15 minutes.
- 55. Once the squash is cooked, turn off the heat and while stirring add the coconut milk.
- 66. Puree the soup with an immersion blender; or in batches in a blender until smooth.
- 77. Ladle into soup bowls and garnish with dollops of yogurt and toasted butternut squash seeds.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Curried Butternut Squash Soup
Serving Size: 1 (255 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 136.8
- Calories from Fat 24
- Total Fat 2.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.3 mg
- Sodium 110.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 2.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low-fat coconut milk
butternut squash seeds