Curry, coconut, squashy goodness.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled and dice 1/2-inch
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon gingerroot, minced
- 1 large lime, juice and zest of
- 1 tablespoon yellow curry powder
- 2 teaspoons thai red chili paste
- 4 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 12 ounces coconut milk
- 1/3 cup brown rice
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1To prepare the squash: After peeling, halve and scoop out the seeds, then dice into 1/2-inch cubes. You should have 3-4 cups.
- 2Heat the oil in a soup pot, add onion, squash, garlic, ginger, lime zest, and curry powder. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, for 15 minutes.
- 3Add the chili paste along with 1/2 cup water, stirring to mix.
- 4Then add broth. bring to boil, then reduce heat to low, cover pot, and simmer for 10 minutes. Then add the rice and simmer another 10-15 minutes until rice is cooked.
- 5Add coconut milk, then heat through. Salt to taste.
- 6Just before serving, stir in the lime juice.
- 7For extra kick, add more chili paste!
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Curried Butternut Squash Soup
Serving Size: 1 (298 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 303.0
- Calories from Fat 144
- Total Fat 16.0 g
- Saturated Fat 11.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 45.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.3 g
- Sugars 9.4 g
- Protein 5.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
red chili paste
low sodium vegetable broth