Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This soup is smooth as silk and just right on a cold winters day!
Make and share this Curried Butternut Squash Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped (about 2 Cups)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (2 1/2 lb) butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 6 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons butter
- plain low-fat yogurt (to garnish)
- Heat oil over medium heat in a 6qt stockpot.
- Add onions and garlic and saute until soft, about 6 to 7 minutes.
- Add squash, broth, curry powder and salt and pepper and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until squash is tender, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in honey and butter and puree until smooth.
- Reseason with salt and pepper to taste.
- Ladle into serving bowls and add a dollop of yogurt.