This soup is smooth as silk and just right on a cold winters day!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped (about 2 Cups)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (2 1/2 lb) butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 6 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons butter
- plain low-fat yogurt (to garnish)
- 1Heat oil over medium heat in a 6qt stockpot.
- 2Add onions and garlic and saute until soft, about 6 to 7 minutes.
- 3Add squash, broth, curry powder and salt and pepper and bring to a boil.
- 4Reduce heat and simmer until squash is tender, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- 5Remove from heat and stir in honey and butter and puree until smooth.
- 6Reseason with salt and pepper to taste.
- 7Ladle into serving bowls and add a dollop of yogurt.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Curried Butternut Squash Soup
Serving Size: 1 (465 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 322.1
- Calories from Fat 108
- Total Fat 12.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 163.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.8 g
- Sugars 16.6 g
- Protein 10.8 g