My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large leek, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh garlic (or to taste)
- 1 -2 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes (or to taste)
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 2 -3 tablespoons curry powder (or to taste)
- 2 teaspoons cumin (or to taste)
- 3 lbs butternut squash, peeled and chopped
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2 granny smith apples, peeled and chopped
- 1/3 cup evaporated milk or 1/3 cup whipping cream
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- crouton (optional)
- 1Heat the butter in a large pot over medium heat; add in the leek, celery, garlic, red pepper flakes, sugar, curry powder and cumin; cook stirring for 3-4 minutes.
- 2Add in the chopped butternut squash, broth (or water) and apples; bring to a boil.
- 3Reduce heat and simmer for 30-40 minutes or until the squash is tender.
- 4Place half of the broth in a blender; process until smooth; transfer to a heat-proof bowl.
- 5Repeat with the remaining soup; return to the pot along with the soup from the bowl.
- 6Add in evaporated milk or whipping cream; cook for 2-3 minutes to heat through.
- 7Season with salt and lots black pepper.
- 8Ladle into bowls and sprinkle with croutons.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Curried Butternut Squash Soup
Serving Size: 1 (582 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 272.6
- Calories from Fat 81
- Total Fat 9.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 19.3 mg
- Sodium 832.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.1 g
- Sugars 14.9 g
- Protein 9.1 g