This recipe is based on one from 1001 Essential Recipes, but I tweaked it a little, using squash instead of pumpkin and adding a few different spices. It's got a very gentle flavour and would be a great starter for an evening meal or even just for lunch.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Quarter the squash, clean it out, and put olive oil, salt and pepper on the inside and cook in the microwave until soft (about 5 minutes).
- 2In a large pot, heat rest of olive oil and fry onions and carrots with curry powder.
- 3Peel and chop squash into cubes and add to the onion mixture.
- 4Add chicken broth and bring to a boil. Simmer for 20 minutes
- 5Take the pot off the heat and melt in cheese, stirring.
- 6Let cool until lukewarm, then puree in the blender or with a hand blender. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Curried Butternut Squash Soup
Serving Size: 1 (275 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 169.0
- Calories from Fat 79
- Total Fat 8.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 14.8 mg
- Sodium 449.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 7.2 g