1/1 Photo of Curried Butternut Squash Bisque
1 hr 25 mins
A wonderful recipe given to me by a great teacher I work with. If you like curry you'll love this!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs butternut squash
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons gingerroot, grated
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cubed
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) can light coconut milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 -3 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups brown rice, cooked
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, snipped
- 1/4 cup cashews, chopped
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Cut squash in half lengthwise and remove seeds. Arrange cut side down in a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- 3Bake for 30 minutes. Turn over and bake, covered, for 20-25 minutes.
- 4When cooled, scoop the pulp into a medium bowl and mash slightly. Set aside.
- 5In a large saucepan, saute onion in oil for 3-4 minutes.
- 6Add garlic and ginger and saute for 2 minutes.
- 7Carefully stir in squash, chicken, broth, coconut milk, water, curry powder, salt and pepper.
- 8Cook over medium heat until heated through.
- 9To serve, spoon over rice and sprinkle with cilantro and cashews.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Curried Butternut Squash Bisque
Serving Size: 1 (558 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 677.1
- Calories from Fat 141
- Total Fat 15.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 52.5 mg
- Sodium 750.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 105.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.9 g
- Sugars 7.8 g
- Protein 31.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
light coconut milk