1/1 Photo of Curried Butternut Squash & Apple Soup - Crock Pot
6 hrs 26 mins
6 hrs 6 mins
A Cuisinart slow cooker recipe. Use vegetable stock instead of chicken stock for a vegetarian alternative.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cups onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 3 lbs butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cut into 1 inch cubes (weigh after peeling & seeding)
- 1 lb apple, peeled, cored &, cut into wedges
- 1/4 cup white rice
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1In a skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
- 2Add onions& celery and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, until the vegetables are translucent.
- 3Add curry powder and ginger and cook for 5 to 6 minutes longer over low heat, until veggies are softened and spices are fragrant.
- 4Place butternut squash, apples, and rice in slow cooker (in that order).
- 5Add veggie mixture from skillet.
- 6Add chicken stock, salt and pepper.
- 7Cook on high for 1 hour, then reduce to low temperature and cook 5 additional hours.
- 8Puree the soup to a completely smooth texture with hand blender or blender.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Curried Butternut Squash & Apple Soup - Crock Pot
Serving Size: 1 (650 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 333.6
- Calories from Fat 66
- Total Fat 7.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 17.3 mg
- Sodium 751.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.7 g
- Sugars 22.3 g
- Protein 9.9 g