Curried Butternut Apple Soup
- In heavy kettle, combine onions, celery, margarine and curry powder. Cover and cook over low heat until vegetables are tender (10-15 mine), stirring often.
- Add cubed squash, chopped apples and liquid (water, stock, or broth) and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 20-30 minutes or until squash and apples are cooked thoroughly.
- Strain liquid and set aside. Puree the apple-squash mixture with 1 cup of strained liquid. Add cider and remaining liquid to reach desired consistency.
- Garnish with grated apple, yogurt, or low-fat sour cream.