Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a rich sweet soup. It's great with a dollop of sour cream on the top. I add lots of pepper to mine. Fruit and veggies in one hit.
- 473.18 ml onions, chopped
- 1-2 celery rib, chopped
- 59.14 ml butter
- 19.71 ml curry powder
- 2 medium butternut squash, 1-inch cubes (about 2 1/2 to 3 lbs)
- 3 medium apples, peeled and chopped
- 709.77 ml vegetable stock
- 236.59 ml apple cider
- In a heavy kettle, combine onions, celery, butter, and curry powder. Cover and cook over low heat until vegetables are tender (10 to 15 minutes), stirring often.
- Add cubed squash, chopped apples, and stock, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 20 to 30 minutes or until squash and apples are cooked thoroughly.
- Strain liquid and set aside.
- Puree the apple-squash mixture with one cup of the strained liquid. Add cider and remaining liquid to reach desired consistency.
- Optional: Garnish with grated apple, yogurt, or low-fat sour cream.
Cider makes this soup different. Wonderful with a dollop of sour cream on top!
Wonderful soup, thanks for sharing.