1/1 Photo of Curried Butternut Apple Soup
1 hr 5 mins
This is a rich sweet soup. It's great with a dollop of sour cream on the top. I add lots of pepper to mine. Fruit and veggies in one hit.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a heavy kettle, combine onions, celery, butter, and curry powder. Cover and cook over low heat until vegetables are tender (10 to 15 minutes), stirring often.
- 2Add cubed squash, chopped apples, and stock, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 20 to 30 minutes or until squash and apples are cooked thoroughly.
- 3Strain liquid and set aside.
- 4Puree the apple-squash mixture with one cup of the strained liquid. Add cider and remaining liquid to reach desired consistency.
- 5Optional: Garnish with grated apple, yogurt, or low-fat sour cream.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Curried Butternut Apple Soup
Serving Size: 1 (348 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 180.9
- Calories from Fat 45
- Total Fat 5.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 12.2 mg
- Sodium 46.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.3 g
- Sugars 10.7 g
- Protein 2.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: