This is a rich sweet soup. It's great with a dollop of sour cream on the top. I add lots of pepper to mine. Fruit and veggies in one hit.
- In a heavy kettle, combine onions, celery, butter, and curry powder. Cover and cook over low heat until vegetables are tender (10 to 15 minutes), stirring often.
- Add cubed squash, chopped apples, and stock, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 20 to 30 minutes or until squash and apples are cooked thoroughly.
- Strain liquid and set aside.
- Puree the apple-squash mixture with one cup of the strained liquid. Add cider and remaining liquid to reach desired consistency.
- Optional: Garnish with grated apple, yogurt, or low-fat sour cream.
Cider makes this soup different. Wonderful with a dollop of sour cream on top!
Wonderful soup, thanks for sharing.