Recipe by Cluich
I made this for a dinner party, and it was a huge hit, even with people who despise broccoli. So simple to make. Even a beginner can seem like an expert chef!
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 small head of broccoli, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup light cream
Directions See How It's Made
- In a pot, melt the butter over medium heat, then add onion and cook, stirring frequently, until softened (about 3-5 minutes).
- Add flour, curry powder, and cumin, and cook for about a minute, again stirring.
- Whisk in chicken broth and water. Bring to a boil, whisking until smooth.
- Add broccoli and ground black pepper. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Using a slotted spood, remove the vegetables and put them in a blender, along with 1 cup of the liquid. Blend until smooth.
- Return blended mixture to the pot. Stir in the cream and cook for another couple of minutes to heat through, then serve.