Prep 3 hrs 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Similar to other broccoli salads, but with the added flavor of curry and the crunch of cashews. Great for potlucks. Easy to prepare in advance! Prep time includes time to chill.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs broccoli florets
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup chopped dry-roasted cashews
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon mild curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Chop broccoli florets finely with a chef knife, or you may pulse"lightly" in a food processor until finely chopped.
- Toss broccoli with onions, raisins, and cashews in a mixing bowl.
- In another small bowl, stir together mayo, sour cream, sugar, vinegar, curry powder and salt.
- Use a whisk to blend well.
- Add dressing to salad and toss until vegetables are evenly coated.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2-3 hours (to blend flavors).
- Garnish with crumbled bacon just before serving.
- Can be made up to one day in advance.
I make this often, I first came across it in "The Curry Book" by Nancie McDermott. I prefer this to the usual cheddar version by a long shot!
Wonderfully flavored broccoli salad. Mixed up all the ingredients except the dressing in the food processor so it went together easily and quickly. Skipped the bacon, used low fat mayo, fat free sour cream and Splenda and it was still rich and crunchy and delicious. This one deserves a try!
We loved the curry flavor of this salad. I omitted the raisins but it was still delicious. Thanks