Recipe by Sue Lau
Similar to other broccoli salads, but with the added flavor of curry and the crunch of cashews. Great for potlucks. Easy to prepare in advance! Prep time includes time to chill.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs broccoli florets
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup chopped dry-roasted cashews
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon mild curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop broccoli florets finely with a chef knife, or you may pulse"lightly" in a food processor until finely chopped.
- Toss broccoli with onions, raisins, and cashews in a mixing bowl.
- In another small bowl, stir together mayo, sour cream, sugar, vinegar, curry powder and salt.
- Use a whisk to blend well.
- Add dressing to salad and toss until vegetables are evenly coated.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2-3 hours (to blend flavors).
- Garnish with crumbled bacon just before serving.
- Can be made up to one day in advance.