Easy. One Dish. Fast. An adjusted version of the recipe found in an old edition of Better Homes and Gardens New Cook Book. My family recently turned vegetarian and this has become one of our staples. Unless you use an extremely potent curry powder (or increase amount), the recipe won't come out spicy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 cups chopped broccoli (or 1 16oz. package frozen cut broccoli)
- 1 cup sliced carrot
- 1/2 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1/2 large red pepper, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1Place fresh Broccoli and Carrots, covered, in a steamer and cook for 8-10 minutes, or until tender-crisp. If using frozen broccoli and carrots, cook according to package instructions.
- 2Drain Vegetables well.
- 3In a 2 quart casserole dish, combine Onion, Red Pepper, Garlic, Soup, Cheese, Milk, and Curry Powder. Mix in Broccoli and Carrots.
- 4Season with Salt and Pepper to taste.
- 5Begin crushing Saltines, one at a time, over the casserole. Continue crushing and spreading until top is covered well.
- 6Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes.
- 7Remove from oven and place under Broiler set to Low for 2 minutes, or until Saltines become just a little brown (as a note, they burn fast, so keep an eye on them!).
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Curried Broccoli Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (204 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 199.8
- Calories from Fat 90
- Total Fat 10.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 15.9 mg
- Sodium 637.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 9.6 g