- 1 leek, trimmed and cleaned, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 3 teaspoons mild curry powder or 3 teaspoons curry paste
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 700 g broccoli, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup evaporated low-fat milk
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pan or saucepan cook the leek, onion, garlic and curry powder in half a cup of the chicken stock for about 5 minutes.
- Add the broccoli and the remaining chicken stock.
- Simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool and then blend in a food processor until smooth.
- Stir in the evaporated milk.
- Reheat but do not boil.