Recipe by Joel Friedland
Breast of lamb is a fatty meat that can be made many ways. I found this to be the simplest and tastiest. It's a dish best served the day after it's prepared. Congealed fat can be tossed and the flavor improves.
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb lamb breast (usually)
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 3 tablespoons instant minced onion
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse lamb breast under running water.
- Cover lamb breast with cold water& 1 T vinegar inside your cooking pan& soak for about 20 minutes.
- Pour off water.
- Heat oven to 350.
- Place lamb breast in pan with fat side up.
- Spread the curry powder and dried chopped onions on top.
- Cover the pan and cook for a total of 2 hours.
- After 1 hour, remove the pan from oven, and pour off the fatty gravy into a glass container.
- Place the glass container into the freezer so the fat will freeze on top, then remove from freezer and throw away congealed fat and put gravy on meat.
- Put the lamb breast back in the oven, covered.
- After the 2nd hour (or when it just smells done), remove from oven.
- Wait 10-15 minutes for the meat to rest.
- Slice the lamb breast between the bones.
- Serve about 2-3 lamb breast ribs each to make a dinner portion.