Prep 40 mins
Cook 21 mins
Adapted from Cooking Light. My sister made this and brought over for me to taste. I thought it was very good, filling, and healthy. She asked me to post it so here it is. Per serving (1 cup): 310 calories, 9.4 g fat, 25.7 g carb, 4.7 g fiber, 70 mg cholesterol.
- 1 lb ground round
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup frozen green pea
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cups cubed peeled red potatoes
- 1 cup fat-free chicken broth
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 -2 tablespoon mango chutney (Major Grey)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper (or to taste)
- Add ground beef and onion to a heated large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat; stir/saute until meat is browned and crumbled.
- Add in peas; stir to combine.
- While the meat is cooking: in another large nonstick skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat.
- Add in potato; stir/saute for 8 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Add in broth and curry to the potatoes; cook 2 minutes.
- Add potato mixture, chutney, salt, and pepper to meat mixture.
- Simmer for 1 minute.
- Sprinkle fresh chopped cilantro on top if desired.
A very good and simple dinner! I did not have the chutney, and instead added a large tin of diced tomatoes with juice, and added 1 tbsp of tumeric, and minced garlic.
This was REALLY good. I layered mine and baked in the oven, but other than that, followed the recipe. I've searched high and low for the perfect yet simple curried hamburger and this is it. Don't leave out the chutney!
This is a tasty crowd pleaser. You can add more chutney (I add quite a bit) for more oopmh. I serve it with naan and some basmati rice.