Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
Adapted from Cooking Light. My sister made this and brought over for me to taste. I thought it was very good, filling, and healthy. She asked me to post it so here it is. Per serving (1 cup): 310 calories, 9.4 g fat, 25.7 g carb, 4.7 g fiber, 70 mg cholesterol.
- 1 lb ground round
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup frozen green pea
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cups cubed peeled red potatoes
- 1 cup fat-free chicken broth
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 -2 tablespoon mango chutney (Major Grey)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper (or to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Add ground beef and onion to a heated large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat; stir/saute until meat is browned and crumbled.
- Add in peas; stir to combine.
- While the meat is cooking: in another large nonstick skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat.
- Add in potato; stir/saute for 8 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Add in broth and curry to the potatoes; cook 2 minutes.
- Add potato mixture, chutney, salt, and pepper to meat mixture.
- Simmer for 1 minute.
- Sprinkle fresh chopped cilantro on top if desired.