Recipe by JackieOhNo!
Now you can have an intensely-flavored exotic meal on the table with very little effort! The lime zest and lime juices brighten the rich flavors, too.
- 9.85 ml canola oil
- 907.18 g beef short ribs, trimmed
- 7.39 ml kosher salt, divided
- 1.23 ml fresh ground black pepper, divided
- 78.07 ml minced shallot
- 44.37 ml minced garlic
- 44.37 ml minced peeled fresh ginger
- 59.14 ml water
- 29.58 ml red curry paste
- 59.14 ml light coconut milk
- 14.79 ml sugar
- 14.79 ml fish sauce
- 4.92 ml lime zest
- 14.79 ml fresh lime juice
- 946.36 ml hot cooked basmati rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle ribs with 3/4 t. salt and 1/8 t. pepper. Add half of the ribs to pan; cook 2 minutes on each side or until browned. Place ribs in an electric slow cooker or crock pot. Repeat procedure with remaining ribs.
- Add shallots, garlic, and ginger to skillet; saute 2 minutes. Stir in 1/4 cup water and curry paste; cook 1 minute. Stir in coconut milk, sugar, and fish sauce. Add coconut milk mixture to cooker. Cover and cook on LOW for 6 hours.
- Remove ribs from cooker; keep warm. Strain cooking liquid through a colander over a bowl; discard solids. Place a zip-top plastic bag inside a 2-cup glass measure. Pour cooking liquid into bag; let stand 10 minutes (fat will rise to the top). Seal bag; carefully snip off 1 bottom corner of bag. Drain drippings into a small bowl; stopping before fat layer reaches opening; discard fat.
- Stir in remaining 3/4 t. salt, remaining 1/8 t. pepper, zest, and juice.
- Shred rib meat with 2 forks; discard bones. Serve sauce over ribs and rice.