1/1 Photo of Curried Beef & Onions
Quick, Easy and Tastey!!! adapted from Cooking light
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb flank steak, trimmed
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 2 cups vertically sliced onions
- 1 tablespoon curry powder (or to your taste)
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 2 cups hot cooked basmati rice
- fresh cilantro stem (optional)
- 1Cut steak diagonally across grain into thin slices.
- 2Heat oil in a large nonstick frypan over medium high heat.
- 3Add steak, saute 3 minutes.
- 4Sprinkle with salt and pepper, add ginger, garlic and jalapeno, saute 1 minute.
- 5Add onion, curry and coriander,saute 4 minutes, add tomatoes,and simmer 1 minute or until liquid almost evaporates.
- 6Remove from heat, and cool slightly.
- 7Stir in yogurt.
- 8Serve over rice.
- 9Garnish with cilantro, if desired.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Curried Beef & Onions
Serving Size: 1 (418 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 401.7
- Calories from Fat 116
- Total Fat 12.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 48.3 mg
- Sodium 455.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 9.6 g
- Protein 29.8 g