Recipe by Derf
Quick, Easy and Tastey!!! adapted from Cooking light
Top Review by Evie*
Dorothy this is superb! I used 800gms of rump steak (eldest son staying with us awhile and he likes his tucker!) and the yogurt I used was slightly sweetened, other than that I followed the recipe to a T. Great flavours and so quick and easy, we all loved this. Thanks Derf!
- 1 lb flank steak, trimmed
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 2 cups vertically sliced onions
- 1 tablespoon curry powder (or to your taste)
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1⁄2 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 2 cups hot cooked basmati rice
- fresh cilantro stem (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut steak diagonally across grain into thin slices.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick frypan over medium high heat.
- Add steak, saute 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper, add ginger, garlic and jalapeno, saute 1 minute.
- Add onion, curry and coriander,saute 4 minutes, add tomatoes,and simmer 1 minute or until liquid almost evaporates.
- Remove from heat, and cool slightly.
- Stir in yogurt.
- Serve over rice.
- Garnish with cilantro, if desired.