Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
I buy packaged cooked beef strips to make this recipe.
- 1⁄2 tablespoon canola oil
- 1⁄2 lb cooked flank steaks or 1⁄2 lb cooked skirt steak, cut into strips
- 1⁄4 onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 yellow pepper, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2-1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- sour cream
- shredded cheddar cheese
- low-carb tortilla
- Heat the oil in a frying pan. Stir in the vegetables then fry for 5 minutes.
- Add the beef along with the remaining ingredients, simmer until there is no liquid left.
- Spread sour cream on the tortilla shells then top with the beef, vegetables, & cheese. Enjoy!
Loved the seasoning, and these were quick. I also used fresh sirloin steak (on sale!) and cooked it as part of step 1. We did without sour cream due to personal preference. My local market had no low-carb tortillas, so I opted for great tasting tortillas with sun-dried tomatoes and basil instead. Made for 1-2-3 Hits tag.
Very tasty. This is easy to prepare and makes a quick meal. I used raw beef steaks and cooked them during step #1. Thanks for posting. :)