- 2 lbs boneless beef stew meat, trimmed of fat and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 lbs red potatoes, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup mango chutney or 3⁄4 cup dried fruit chutney
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 3 tablespoons quick mixing flour, such as Wondra Flour
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1 1⁄2-2 tablespoons Madras curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups frozen green peas, thawed
Directions See How It's Made
- In 4 or 5 quart electric slow cooker, mix together all the ingredients except the peas.
- Cover and cook on the low heat setting 7-8 hours or until the beef and potatoes are tender but not falling apart, stirring once during the cooking time, if possible.
- Stir in the peas, cover, and cook 15 minutes longer.