Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
another lower fat meal, and tasty too
- 1 1⁄2 flank steaks, trimmed (1/5 lbs)
- 2 teaspoons oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon peeled ginger, minced
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 2 cups onions, cut in eighths
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 can diced tomatoes or 1 1⁄2 cups fresh tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- slice steak on diagonal.
- heat oil in skillet or wok, add garlic, ginger, steak, salt& pepper, cook 3 minutes.
- add curry coriander and onion, saute 3 minutes.
- add tomatoes, simmer until liquid evaporates.
- remove from heat.
- add yogurt.
- adjust seasonings to taste.
Will definitely make this again, quick easy and flavourful. I used sirloin steak as we don't have flank steak where I come from, I also opted for the fresh tomatoes as I had them. Congratualations Chia on a wonderful recipe.
Yum, yum! We love curries out and I am just starting to experiment with making them at home. This is a good "beginner" curry recipe, so tasty and easy! The whole family loved it and DH took leftovers to work the next day. The only change I made was to use 2 cans of tomatoes as I only had one fresh tomato left in my basket. I served this with rice and a cucumber salad. Even though this recipe is not "hot spicy" I think the cucumbers balanced well with it.
Another fantastic recipe by Chia! The flavor of this curry is OUTSTANDING! It goes together very easily and tastes like you fussed for hours! I loved the fresh ginger in this recipe. I served it over stemed rice and broccoli. This will be a repeat preformance at our house.