Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a great meal to have during the working week, its quick and tastes great. We probably have it about once a month (I'd have it more, but DH likes a bit of variety). Its from the Australian Womens Weekly Chinese Cookbook. Serve it with Basmatic Rice & Wilted Asian Greens.
- 2 medium potatoes (400g)
- 2 medium onions (300g)
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 750 g filet of beef or 750 g beef rump, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon mild curry paste
- 1 tablespoon satay sauce (not the peanut satay sauce - this one is a Malayan spicy sauce)
- 1 teaspoon sweet chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornflour
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh garlic sprouts
- Cut potatoes into 2cm cubes.
- Cut onions into wedges.
- heat half the oil in a wok or large fry pan; stir fry beef, in batches, until browned all over, when all the beef is browned set aside on a plate.
- Heat remaining oil in same wok/pan stir fry potatoes until browned and almost tender.
- Add onions and garlic, stir fry until onion is just tender.
- Add curry paste, fry until fragrant.
- Blend cornflour with chicken stock.
- Add Chilli sauce, soy sauce and blended cornflour/chicken stock to wok/pan stirfry until sauce boils and thickens.
- Return Beef to wok/pan, stir fry until combined.
- Top with chives.