Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
I was looking for a quick, easy recipe to take to a potluck when I saw this recipe in Quick Cooking magazine. It fit the bill perfectly. The flavors were not overpowering. Cook time is chill time.
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans or 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- In bowl, combine beans, corn, celery and onions.
- In jar with tight-fitting lid, combine dressing ingredients and shake well.
- Drizzle dressing over bean mixture and toss gently until coated.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
Like this a whole lot. A great dressing! Replaced corn with frozen peas that I plunked into the bowl with everything else and they just thawed nicely on their own. Didn't have pinto beans and used twice the amount of garbanzos. Have also been more generous with the curry and cumin powders and the dried oregano than suggested in recipe. Great summer fare. Thanks.