Curried Barley and Shrimp Salad
- Combine curry, turmeric, and 3 cups of water in large saucepan and heat to a boil.
- Stir in barley.
- Cover and cook in low heat until water is absorbed and barley is tender, about 45 minutes.
- Transfer to colander. Rinse with cold water and drain well.
- In large bowl, combine barley, shrimp, tomatoes, bell pepper, and cucumber.
- In small bowl, whisk juice, oil, chile pepper(to taste), garlic, and salt until blended.
- Pour over barley mixture and toss.
- Spoon barley salad on top of lettuce and sprinkle with basil. Garnish with lime.