Recipe by Outta Here
This is a zesty dip for raw vegies. From CANADIAN LIVING.
Top Review by Lalaloula
This dip has great flavour, very unique, but yummy. The banana adds a lot of sweetness, which balances nicely with the curry and onion.
I had to reduce the water by half and also only added about 3 tbs of yogurt to get a thick and dippy consistency. But other than that, the recipe worked out nicely.
THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing this yummy recipe with us, Mikekey!
Made and reviewed for WTTM May 2011.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 large banana, peeled and thickly sliced
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon apricot jam
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- In saucepan, melt butter over medium heat; cook onion for 3 minutes, or until softened but not browned. Push to side of pan.
- Add banana slices to pan and cook for 1 minute. Add curry powder and cook for 1 minute, stirring banana and onion together.
- Add water and bring to boil; reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes or until thickened and liquid is reduced by half.
- Remove from heat; stir in jam.
- Transfer to food processor or blender; process until smooth.
- Add sour cream, mayonnaise, salt, and pepper to taste; process just until combined.
- (Can be covered and refrigerated for up to 1 day. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving.).