1/2 Photos of Curried Banana Beef Stew
1 hr 20 mins
This is a spicy dish, but yet sweet with the addition of the sweet potatoes and plantains. Serve as a stew with roti or nana bread, Or atop of rice to stretch for more servings.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs stewing beef
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and diced into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 (13 ounce) can coconut milk
- 2 plantains, peeled and diced
- 1 (19 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons yellow curry paste
- salt and pepper
- 1in a dutch oven heat 1 tablespoon of oil over medium, high heat.
- 2brown beef, remove from pan and put aside.
- 3clean pan.
- 4add other tablespoon of oil, fry onions, garlic, red pepper flakes until onions are soft.
- 5add curry paste, stir.
- 6add tomatoes, bring to a boil, scraping up brown bits from bottom of pan.
- 7reduce heat to medium, add coconut milk.
- 8return beef to pan.
- 9add salt and pepper.
- 10cover and simmer until beef is tender.
- 11add sweet potatoes and plantains.
- 12cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- 13uncover and simmer, and stir a few times until thicken and potatoes and plantains are cooked.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Curried Banana Beef Stew
Serving Size: 1 (398 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 891.6
- Calories from Fat 515
- Total Fat 57.2 g
- Saturated Fat 29.4 g
- Cholesterol 113.9 mg
- Sodium 476.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.6 g
- Sugars 28.7 g
- Protein 37.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
yellow curry paste